Light of Knowledge

Light of Knowledge
Lets Spread the Light of Wisdom

11 November 2012

Week 6: HAPPY DIWALI


A very very Happy Diwali to all dear friends!!!

May this Festival of light and colors bring lots of happiness and prosperity to your lives!

Week 6: Entering the third level of our project, EXECUTION!!

This week turned out to be more challenging than before as it was all about rearranging the previously done mindstorming and trying it. We at Ahmedabad, India had exams last week and now celebrating biggest festival of the year, DIWALI- A new year.

No students, no teaching made it quite tough for me to execute my project plan on the students but i found it more interesting. i gathered all my students from facebook and started involving them in my work. By doing survey of my students about their proficiency of English language, i found a sharper directin to move towards my project work.

Survey Monkey became a great source to collect responses from them and then Wikispace became a meeting place. To be true, i developed each step keeping in mind responses of the students. I am happy that my students found it very interesting and they are motivated towards self learning (task-based). The best par of learning for them was more visual education through videos and presentation. I introduced to them to my webquest on zunal and they liked it very much. Its a good learning for me as well. The only trouble i face was that zunal doesnt permit us to open a new webquest, and surveymonkey doesnt allow us to putin more than ten questions in single survey. I would be happy to get advices on whichare the authentic teaching resources with unlimited scope of execution.

Powerpoint, though it appears to be simple tool, is a very effective and a smart tool of teaching. I have been using it since quite long but this time i added more hyperlinks, videos, pictures, sound, and maded it a self-sufficient, self-explanatory tool to study simple present tense. I took students' feedback on it. Vernacular students who have problems with basic english grammar found it very useful....

Regards,
Tushar Raval
India

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    I liked your idea of contacting students through facebook contact list and administering a survey-questionnair 'to know' the group at the outset. The ppt that you have shared has multiple features and so definately attractive and informative for the students.All the best for the project.

    Kinnari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kinnari Ma'am,

      Thanks for the motivation.

      Regards,
      Tushar

      Delete